The grill is a much-loved outdoor cooking location for families and friends to get together. But for some people, the grill can feel like an oven with no thermostat. The problem is that there’s no way to regulate the heat on a charcoal or gas grill. But there’s an easy fix — try out your trusty pizza stone on your grill!
Using pizza stones on a grill:
A step-by-step guide to cooking pizza outdoors
What you’ll need:
1. A gas or charcoal grill
3. A fire starter
4. An oven mitt
5. A baking tray
6. Pizza stone
7. Parchment paper
8. A spray bottle
9. Cooking oil
10. Pizza ingredients: tomato sauce, cheese, veggies, etc.
1) Put on your oven mitt and adjust the heat of the grill to high (400 degrees or more). Make sure your pizza stone is clean and preheat it at the same time.
2) Wrap your two-handled, fire-proof pan with a towel to protect your hands, and tilt it over the grill to put some hot coals on top of the pizza stone. The grill will turn into an oven.
3) Put the baking tray in the center of your grill (don’t forget to put parchment paper on top of it).
4) Spray some cooking oil on the parchment paper and to prevent the pizza from sticking.
5) Place the pizza stone in the middle of your grill on top of the baking tray.
6) Once everything is preheated, you’re ready to make your pizza! The first thing you should do is preheat your oven or grill. Once everything is heated to room temperature, it will take about 5 minutes for the cooking surface to be ideal.
7) Very quickly, place the pizza stone (and your pizza ingredients) on the grill. The aim is to heat the stone, not your pizza.
8). After a few seconds, you’ll see the underside of your crust begin to develop a golden brown color. At this point, put on your oven mitt and remove the pan from the heat.
9) When it’s cooked: use your oven mitt and start rolling out the dough in one direction slowly with your fingers. At this point, the pizza should be crispy on the bottom and warm on the top.
10) Use your cooking oil sprayer to lightly coat the sides of your pizza.
11) Once it’s all rolled out, take a piece of parchment paper and place it on top of your pizza.
12) Next, flip the parchment paper, pizza and all on top of your baking tray. Now, bake it in the oven for about 5 minutes.
13) Now, take your pizza out and add your sauce or toppings. Sprinkle some cheese on top if you like, then put your whole pizza back onto the grill for another 3 minutes to melt the cheese and heat everything.
14) Remove the pizza, add your toppings, and dig in!
Baking pizzas on a grill is fun and easy. You can use any type of crust, sauce and topping that you like. The only thing you can’t do is cook multiple pizzas simultaneously because there’s no way to regulate the heat on a charcoal or gas grill. So if you’re cooking pizza in the summertime, make sure to take your pizza stone off the grill before it burns!
People can now enjoy pizza on a grill. You’ll be able to get all the nutrients from the pizza using this method. No one has to settle for cold, soggy pizzas anymore! The best part is that you can use frozen pizzas or make your homemade crusts, sauces and toppings. Have fun baking pizzas in a new way!